The Port Advantages Of Imam Khomeini Special Economic Zone Port
- The 10% commercial exemption for all import cargos transported through this port with no limitation
- The access to the airports such as the Ahvaz International
Airport(110 km distance ) , Abadan Airport (100 km), Mahshahr Airport
- The inlet of 80,000 tons vessels
- The nearest southern port to over 70% of major industrial,
production, agriculture, and population centers located in the central
and western zone of the country .
- The capability to call in Post Panamax container vessels (4th generation )
- The possibility to transfer or lease of property and
warehouses, equipment, social and welfare services to the foreign and
national companies for the purpose of investment and partnership.
- The safe and short route to the important transit borders of
neighboring countries such as Iraq, Turkey and Caucuses Zone.
- The modern and proper equipment and facility for oil and non-oil cargos transit.
- The special discounts and facilities for tariffs and duties of vessels and transit cargos.
- The port responsible for over 40% of the country's commercial
trade and to have an important role in the national economy and the
foreign trade as the 2nd most important port of the country.
- The availability of the khoor moosa natural channel without the requirement of artificial breakwater.
- The hinterland area of 491 hectares for transfer to private sectors.
- The covered warehouse area of 507,000 square meter for storage purposes.
- The open yard storage area of 2 million square meters for the storage of cargos
- The availability of proper infrastructures in the port and
the province of Khuzestan such as water, electricity, communication,
general facilities of administration-commercial, recreation and
- The container terminal area of 388,801 square meter and the annual capacity of 700,000 TEU.
- The total of 37 berths with the average draft of 13.5 meters and a total length of 7 km.
- The capability of exclusive port operation for general, bulk, mineral, container and etc cargos.
- The daily grain discharge norm of 45,000 tons per day
- The great potentials for the development of cargo re-export
- The adjacency to the Petrochemical Special Economic Zone and the Arvand Free Zone.